Friday, June 10, 2011

Patterns Make Less Sense When You Are Paying Attention

My newest stash from Purl Soho just came and I grabbed the pattern from Brooklyn Tweed for the Cinder scarf. The patterns are very cute and I'm a bit perturbed that it came crushed in the box to fit, but that's the neat Purl Soho packing for you and it seems to be smoothing out. I'll be lucky if I don't douse it with coffee this morning. But I'm glancing at the pattern, and I'm always watching out for new patterns to teach my newest acolytes and this one seems pretty easy to start someone out on cables with a bit of a twist (pun intended). Anyway, just got started reading on the C16, and it says hold 8 stitches  back and do K2P2 and then repeat 3 more times, isn't 4 x 3 12 stitches instead of 8, or could they mean K1P1 and repeat 3 more times, but the whole pattern is in K2P2. Ok, I may have to pick up the phone, I've read it three times, and now written it down, and I still don't get it. And I'm determined to have holiday gifts knitted by the fall leave turning. Especially since UPS seemed to go astray with my newest layette, but that's a sad story for another night. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment